Collaborative Divorce Attorney
- I want to resolve my legal issues respectfully, even when we disagree.
- I want the needs of our children to be a priority.
- The needs of both my spouse and myself require equal consideration, and I will listen objectively to those needs.
- I can be ethical and transparent with the information necessary to create options that is jointly beneficial.
- It is more important to reach beyond today’s anger and frustration so that I can help plan for the future.
- I choose to maintain control of the dissolution process with my spouse instead of leaving such important decisions to the court.
- I believe that working creatively and cooperatively solves problems.
Is Collaborative Family Law Right for You?
What are the Potential Benefits of Collaborative Family Law?
- Mutually agreed upon settlement
Atmosphere of cooperation
Retaining control of the settlement process
No adversarial environment
Greater privacy and confidentiality
Savings of time and money
How do I start a Collaborative Law Process?
Share this information with your spouse and encourage him or her to also hire an attorney who is trained in or familiar with and committed to the collaborative law process. The attorneys can then confer and schedule the first four-way meeting to review your situation and sign a participation agreement if the collaborative approach is appropriate for your case. It would be determined at that time if and when other neutral professionals, such as a mental health professional or financial advisor, should be involved to assist with issues in their respective areas of expertise.